Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I'll Be OK

It used to be that I'd always write scenes that were way too long and unnecessary. I always had to cut things down by a lot. Now, I feel like I'm getting control of that and getting everything out in scenes much quicker and in a more concise manner. Which means that my scenes are really short. And that means they take up less pages. Which means I need to write MORE scenes to fill the pages. Which really sucks. What also sucks is how little space action takes up on a page. So a moment that might actually last a whole 30 seconds in film isn't actually taking up half a page, but two sentences. So I could write five pages that actually take fifteen minutes, but I'll still be ten pages short. God damn it.

And even though I'm working on this and all, I am much more interested in the real-life drama around me than I am in fake drama on the page. That's another thing that's changing - usually, I'm so interested in my characters and what they're doing and these made up stories that I really don't care what's going on outside the screen. Now? Nope. Real things are ACTUALLY interesting and compelling. And I would much rather go live my own adventure than write one for an imaginary person.

I feel incredibly motivated and alive, and at the same time, ridiculously pissed off and angry at everything. I want all you people to talk to me, and then I want you to leave me alone.

"Everybody's crazy except you and me, and I'm not so sure about you."

No comments:

Post a Comment