Friday, January 15, 2010

Devil's Dance Floor

BAM!

It's just after 3 and it's in!

I MEET DEADLINES!

There is soooooooooo much I need to fix. Like I've said before, I've focused on getting pages out and trying to incorporate certain new ideas into them, but I am looking forward to (1) not thinking about the script for a day, and (2) going back and completely ripping it to shreds to make it something much better.

I've only just realized that my lead is similar to a character I recently saw somewhere else. So what I'm going to do is watch this other character and see how he's been written and how the things in his life are played out. No, I'm not stealing - I want to see what made him successful as a character and how I can apply that to mine.

Oh man. This is amazing. I know the work has only just begun, but now that one -- albeit in desperate need of help -- first draft is done, I feel much better. So much better. It's in. It's done. On time. It's no masterpiece, but there it is. Ha. Done. On time. Boo yah.

Don't rain on my parade, I'm doing my victory dance.

1 comment: