Monday, November 9, 2009

Brand New Day

Everyone should check out Terry Border's blog/gallery. Awesome funny art. Really cool guy.



Apparently, some people will actually respond to their emails, something I find fascinating. After it seems that nobody checks their email -- or yours are the only ones that get lost in cyberspace -- somebody actually reads their email, and -- wait for it! wait for it! -- writes back!!!

I asked Terry about his work and sent him some of my own, basically asking "How do I do what you do?" and he sent a great reply about his work, a comment on my piece, and getting recognized, ending with "p.s. - One more thing - work your ass off." About an hour later, he wrote back again, saying "
Just reread the reply I sent you. Seems a bit snarky. Feel free to ignore all of it except the post script." I assured him he was far from snarky, as I get plenty of that in the classroom (not that I'm complaining!).

So check his blog and the photos of his fun with inanimate objects. He has a book as well.

AND I'M WRITING, MATT. I thought I should stick that in there. I'm writing. When I'm not playing with the giant spool of aluminum wire. But I'm writing.

1 comment:

  1. For sure. And take his post script to heart. Working your ass off is a requirement of any creative endeavor. See, it's not just me who says that.

    The pickle/olive fight is a little disturbing, though. I'm glad it wasn't animated or I'd never drink a martini again for fear of being impaled from the inside.

    ReplyDelete