Monday, February 15, 2010

Echo

I've sent in the new draft and I'm going to be spending the next two weeks fine tuning it even more. I think there's still a few things to work out, but I like this version a lot better - I feel more optimistic about its potential than I did last month.

I have mixed feelings about how the course was structured, in terms of draft 1: week 2, revisions: week 6, final: week 8. Part of me missed how loose Workshop was two years ago, because I worked more on my own time and I had one solid deadline instead of thinking in terms of "week 2, week 6, week 8." Then again, this structure was great because we're going to have more deadlines like this in the real world. While I wish I still had those last two weeks of the term to keep working, it'll be nice to have the project DONE in week 8 so I can concentrate on other things.

Everything's almost over. So weird. And it's not four years of schooling ending - it's six years of finding Drexel, finding screenwriting, working my ass off, and falling in love with this city and what I do. Oh I know, it's the cliche "just the beginning," but still. Wow.

I'm so glad I chose here.

No comments:

Post a Comment