Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Paperback Writer

This has nothing to do with senior project or any sort of school work, but I feel a need to share two passages from books I am reading / just finished that I love.


This is from Disgrace by J. M. Coetzee which I am reading for my Post Colonial Literature II class:

"It's admirable, what you do, what she does, but to me animal-welfare people are a bit like Christians of a certain kind. Everyone is so cheerful and well-intentioned that after a while you itch to go off and do some raping and pillaging. Or to kick a cat."


And this is from Good Omens by Terry Pratchett & Neil Gaiman which I read for fun:

"Many people, meeting Aziraphale for the first time, formed three impressions: that he was English, that he was intelligent, and that he was gayer than a tree full of monkeys on nitrous oxide."


Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment